Thursday 19 July 2012

Careers

Today Sandcat and I were discussing how awesome sleep is, and I began daydreaming about ways to integrate sleep more into my daily routine. That lead me to thinking about awesome jobs. Here are some.


Mattress Tester
Requirements: sound napping ability
Special skills I bring to the table: I drool, so I'd be able to test the ability of mattresses to withstand water damage.
Drawbacks: I seem to need Red Danda to be able to sleep.


Sleep soundly, Red Danda. Sleep soundly.


Hawkins Cheezies Quality Assurance
Requirements: enjoying Hawkins Cheezies above all other cheese-flavoured snacks
Special skills I bring to the table: I've been eating these since I was a child. I know what they're supposed to taste like. I'm sure I'd be a prime candidate for identifying batches lacking perfection.
Drawbacks: One time, Dad said I could eat Cheezies until I barfed if I wanted to and I did. On my pillow. I might lack a bit of control in the tasting department ... it could morph into full-on eating. Then gorging. Then barfing.



Parade Critic
Requirements: a big mouth and a phone with Twitter capability
Special skills I bring to the table: I grew up on a military base, so I know what walking in formation is supposed to look like.
Drawbacks: I don't really like noise.


Extra-large Space-Pyramid turns against crowd. D+.


Well, there you have it. If anyone sees these jobs opening up anywhere, let me know so I can tune up the ol' résumé!

7 comments:

  1. What about sleeping for scientific research? It sometimes pays. Not well...but it pays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think they require a resume of interesting sleep events? To be worthy of study? Or would it be more like "The normal human breathes quietly. We wait with bated breath to observe whether she will roll over five times, as usual, or a record six times tonight."

      Delete
  2. Hey! I think Red Danda is only pretending to sleep! Faker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mess with Red Danda. When she gets angry, she tongue-kisses you in the eye. Then you regret ever crossing her.

      Delete
  3. Just what, exactly, is the City's float supposed to be? I couldn't tell on the news braoadcast and I can't figure it out from your photo. It looks like a giant bug in your picture and on the news it looked like a big-lipped fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bowling! Soccer! Spaceship!

      Delete
    2. It's the city. That thing on top is City Hall.

      Delete