Friday 24 February 2012

Things to Eat

I love pickles.  But pickles are hard to buy:  they are often disappointingly mushy.  Luckily, all the market research I never intended to do was done by my sister, who discovered Strub's Kosher Baby Dills, aka the best pickles you will ever eat in the entire world ever.


I just ate the last two from my jar a few minutes ago.


I am very sad now.


There is a very, very big clove of garlic waiting for me in the bottom of said jar.  I thought it was a pickle and almost speared it but realized my error in time.  Now, I'm wondering whether that was, in fact, an error.  Could it be, instead, a delicacy waiting for me?  Surely a clove of garlic, saturated in the same brine as a pickle, would have lost most of its garlickeyness as a cucumber loses its cucumberyness.  And it is submerged in Strub's brine, the best brine in the world.


I will have to leave the jar open on the kitchen counter while I think about this.


Update.


I tried really hard to get a photo of the clove of garlic, but the lighting is really bad in the kitchen.  Here's a picture of the jar of pickles, as left on the counter for an hour or so.



I know you are wondering.  Yes, there was pickle juice left on the counter, and yes, I put my camera down in a puddle of it.  Why did you even wonder?

The clove of garlic was delicious.  If they ever revise the Bible, they can make that clove of garlic the Third Testament.


I know you`re not wondering.  Of course the jar, lid, and remainder of the clove of garlic attached to a fork is still sitting on the counter.  It will be there until I need to move it when the pizza gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment