Thursday 1 March 2012

Adventures in Cohabitation

This happened a few days ago.  With my memory, I've resorted to a dramatic re-telling rather than a transcription.


Me:  That blog I'm working on [puts down coffee cup] ... you'll probably be in it.  I hope that's okay.
Boyfriend:  [One eyebrow raises.]
Me:  I thought it would be way cooler if you had a code name.  I was thinking of "Dandroid".
Boyfriend:  [Sits up enthusiastically, suddenly paying attention, almost over-speaking me] Like Hawk?
Me:  [One eyebrow raises*] Sure ... like Hawk.


*Just kidding. I can't do that.  But Hawk can.  See?



Let's re-tell this story, starring Hawk.


Red Panda:  That scoop I've been working on [puts down pistol on the bar] ... you'll be in the final copy.  There was no way to keep it quiet.
Hawk:  [One eyebrow raises.  Takes a swig of his pint.]
Red Panda:  The only way to keep any of it on the DL was to give you a code name.
Hawk:  [Tips his fedora back and checks his hip holster, as if to make sure his sig is still there] Like what?
Red Panda:  [Turns up collar and tucks pistol into her pants as she stands] The way you sung, boy, I went with Chickadee.


1 comment: