Friday 16 March 2012

Things to See in Downtown Edmonton

For those of you unfamiliar with Edmonton's thriving downtown core, here's a taste of what #yegdt* is all about.  


LARPers.


While we're talking nerd stuff, The Eye of Sauron, or, Manulife Place.  Sandcat nicknamed Manulife Place The Eye of Sauron because it's evil (we work there), it's ubiquitous (you can see it from pretty much every point in the city), and, most importantly, since you can see it from everywhere, it's just like like it's watching you.


 This kick-ass poster, which has been taken down from the window of Carbon.


Some chickweed that has begun its rebellious teenage years, if the cigarette butt is any indication.


A great deal on tulips.



A bunch of idiots (me and some co-workers) celebrating Pi Day with dollar store shaving cream.

Censor's note: it was too much work to ask them if I could show their faces to the intertubes.


A naked guy ironing.

I lied.  He's just shirtless.
He vanished from the window right after I took this.
I think he saw me.





*That's Twitterese for "Edmonton downtown" and, while I don't have a photo of it, you can see a logo of "I [heart symbol] yegdt" spray painted on downtown sidewalks. 

2 comments:

  1. Eye of Sauron. That must be why I feel so uneasy when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Sandcat is wise. Like Gandalf!

    ReplyDelete