Friday 9 March 2012

Things You Probably Don't Need To Know

Sometimes when I get dressed I feel like a disabled person.  I don't mean that as an insult to people who are actually disabled.  I also don't mean it as a joke.  I mean, sometimes I feel like my abilities have been severely stunted.


Sometimes it strikes late, like the time I attached my hat to my earring and didn't notice until I almost pulled my earring out through my earlobe.


You  may also notice that I'm wearing a man's sweater and my scarf in no way matches.

Sometimes, I notice very quickly, but still too late for humiliation prevention.  This usually happens after carefully thinking about the article of clothing.

The other day, for example, I was trying to put my tights on  frontward, that is, there were some unsightly pills on the heels from my shoes and I wanted to keep those in the back.  So I thought hard, inspected the first leg, and did this.


This had me thinking about the hat thing again.  And about how almost every day, I will pull on a shirt over my head, then have to wrestle my glasses out of my shirt/mouth/eye socket before I can finish putting the shirt on.  And about how that obviously means I have diminished mental faculties.

I guess it could have been worse.  I mean, I could have come home from work and pulled a neatly folded pair of socks out of my drawer and put them on my feet only to have them not match, right?


Even my laundry is mocking me.







4 comments:

  1. I agree. I did not need to know about the tights thing. That picture was unnecessarily
    graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks match better than any of mine. Does that make me super disabled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture please, then we can decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NONE of my socks are folded. Maybe I'll get a picture later.

    ReplyDelete